Support Local, Support Community
You Can Make a Difference
Reopening our businesses is vital for our community and things are very delicately balanced now for many. Temporary closures, reduced hours and days of operation will likely continue to be a reality as we struggle to balance the need to be open with the need to take enough to make it worthwhile.
One of the simplest ways you can help our community continue to thrive is to support local. Visit a store, buy a take out, eat in a restaurant, visit the pub, the brewery, the coffee shops, invite a friend to stay over at a local bed and breakfast and create your own mini staycation enjoying your local community.
Whatever it is, please know that it will make a difference to the business you are supporting.
Here’s what happens when you “shop local.”
1. More of your money will be kept in your local economy.
2. You embrace what makes your community unique
3. You create local jobs, when you shop locally, you help create jobs for for your neighbours
4. You help the environment, buying from a locally owned business conserves resources using less fuel for transportation and less packaging.
5. You nurture community, local business owners know you, and you know them. Studies have shown that local businesses donate to community causes at more than twice the rate of the big box stores.
6. You conserve your tax dollars, shopping in a local business means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money available to beautify your community. Also, spending locally instead of online ensures that your sales taxes are reinvested where they belong— in your community!
7. You create more choice, locally owned businesses pick the items and products they sell based on what they know you like and want. Local businesses carry a wider array of unique products because they buy for their own individual markets and local artisans.
8. You took advantage of their expertise, locally owned businesses have a vested interest in knowing how to serve you. They’re passionate about what they do. Why not take advantage of it?
9. You invested in entrepreneurship, nurturing local business ensures a strong community.
10. You made your community a destination, the more interesting and unique you community, the more we will attract new neighbors, visitors and guests. This benefits everyone!
Follow us on social media for the latest information, updates and offers from your local community!